Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Twinkle Toes



Emma decided that she was a ballerina and wanted lessons last year. I only found ballet/tap lessons which she declined because it wasn't exactly what she wanted. Now I found the class and she has been taking lessons this summer. She picked out her own outfit and has me do her hair a special way each week. Some of the pictures are just a ponytail because last week her enormous flower fell out. She is already improving and does pretty well. She concentrates really hard while watching the instructor then smiles really big while doing the steps. I think we are having some commitment issues though. She just told me that now she wants to do karate because she is sooo good at it. She has never done karate.



I realized that I have forgotten to post some Emma stories this summer. We were watching the old Transformers t.v. show and Optimus Prime says he never stops worrying about the decepticons. Emma gasped and said "He is just like me. He never stops worrying about the decepticons and I never stop worrying about germs!" Yep, you're practically twins.
We have an above ground pool and we were getting ready to set it up. I had Charlie roto-til the ground and then I used a leveling rake to remove big rocks and smooth it out. I had the kids helping pick up rocks that I missed. Justin was doing a good job helping and Emma helped for a few seconds before stating that she needed to stop because her hands were getting dirty. She went in the house and got a piece of paper. She made two columns and wrote Mom on one and Justin on the other. She came back outside with her paper and pencil and told us she would watch us and every time we did something good she would give us a check mark. This really ticked off Justin who told her to do some work. She reiterated that she couldn't get her hands dirty so she would watch us and then when we were done with all the dirty work she would set the pool up. This didn't go over well with Justin either. She needs to work on her management skills.

1 comment:

sptalley said...

Emma is hilarious! I personally love her management skills!