So I am sworn to secrecy, but if I leave out the names of the innocent it is okay, right? One of my children told me last week that she heard a kid at school likes her. She pointed him out to me. I didn't think much of it. Then yesterday she told me that her friend gave her a note from him. It said something about how he was sorry for being an idiot earlier (she doesn't know what he is talking about), and it had a "P.S. I have a crush on you. P.P.S. Can we talk?" He asked her if she had gotten the note from the mutual friend. She said yes. Then he asked what she thought of the P.S. part. As she was telling me she smiled, blushed, and twisted her arms in front of her. She told him she thought the note was adorable. I interjected that she is much too young for boyfriends. She looked at me as if to say "duh" and said she knows, so she told him he could be her B.F.F.A.E.A.E. Translation? Best friend forever and ever and ever. I asked what that entailed. She said they play together. I asked if he tried to hold her hand or kiss her. Her reaction was priceless. She looked disgusted (whew) and said she is too young to be doing kissing stuff or dating. She is only old enough for playdates. :) The boy kept the note, but let her keep the envelope. It had his name, address, and a stamp.
No comments:
Post a Comment