Wednesday, April 3, 2013

What Have I Become?

If you told me thirteen years ago what I would be doing as a mother I may have rethought the whole thing. Yesterday Charlie called all the kids to the kids' bathroom. There was a two centimeter brown blob on the sink counter. He asked which kid had done it. No takers. I smelt the blob and reported that it was partially digested toast. Suddenly Mia remembered that she was eating toast for breakfast and needed to brush her teeth, so naturally she spit the toast out onto the counter. The kicker is that once she admitted it was her she turned to walk out of the bathroom. I had to turn her around to clean up the mess. Then I started to think about what my life had become. I mentioned to Charlie all the nasty things I've had to smell over the years with kids just to determine how much/what type of cleaning it required. Why do I always get stuck with smelling the nasty stuff? Either I am a better judge of smells or as I suspect Charlie has just been playing dumb all these years. He can never tell what anything is and when he tries I still end up having to smell it.

No comments: