Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Many More

Charlie and I will celebrate our 12th anniversary this weekend. Crazy, I know. We had this conversation the other day that I think represents our future.

Charlie got a new electronic toy. It accesses media on our computers and plays them on the TV. An added bonus is that is has a radio function. It finds a genre of music you choose on the internet and plays music. Charlie loves this feature and it has been playing consistently good music. The other day it was playing "We didn't start the fire." Charlie went around the house singing "I didn't fart you liar; it was you who did it..." Very mature, I agree. Then he asks Justin and I if we know who is really good at changing song lyrics. Justin didn't know and Charlie and I said "Uncle Sam" simultaneously. Charlie looked surprised and asked how I knew that. (Sam is his best friend.) I said "How long have we known each other? Do you think during that time you might have mentioned this maybe a dozen times?" We both laughed and I wondered if this is what life will be like now? Do we know all of each other jokes and stories? I also find that we reminisce much more now. Sometimes it is like we are old grandparents. We say "do you remember when Justin/Emma/Mia used to do XYZ?" I love that we are reaching this stage. It is comfortable and safe to me. We still have a lot to talk about, but it reminds me of one of my favorite sayings. ~ A friend is someone who knows all about you and likes you anyway.

Well, I know most of what there is to know about Charlie and I like him anyway.