Friday, July 30, 2010

My Mia

This post is over due. Mia turned 5 a couple weeks ago. She remains the best present opener in our family. Always a gasp, tossing wrapping or tissue over her shoulder, squeals of delight, followed by a bear hug. I love this kid. Charlie thought it was funny that the kids have this as a birthday plate. (In my family we always got to use a special plate on our birthdays.) Last summer I took the kids to Paint a Dream and made this for them.



Mia's favorites are macaroni and cheese, pink, macaroni and cheese, princesses, and macaroni and cheese. I took Emma with me to get Mia some presents. Emma told me that she couldn't get Mia anything too beautiful because then Mia won't play. "She will just sit there and stare at the toy. You know, sometimes when I play with Mia she just stares at me because I am so beautiful and I have to tell her to stop staring and play." Ha, ha, ha. Okay, so I love Emma too.

Mia's favorite present was her Rainbow Bright doll. She took it with her on a play date and showed her friend's mom, Megan. Mia said "this is .." Megan said "Rainbow Bright. Yes, Rainbow Bright and I are old friends." Not sure why, but I thought this was hilarious. I also like that Mia is playing with the same toys that I used to play with. I rented an old Rainbow Bright movie and she watched it. Now she says that she likes Rainbow, but she can be bossy and mean sometimes. Well, it is tough work being in charge of Rainbowland and defeating villains all day.

No comments: