Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Nature

Charlie wasn't home for dinner tonight so after running errands in the late afternoon I took the kids to McD's. I fed them and let them play. Finally, it was time to go home. We all walked out to the car together and climbed in. The windows were rolled up as we pulled away. Suddenly, I felt a needle prick my...um...lower, lower back. "Ouch, something bit me." I say to the kids. "Oh, it really hurts." I feel and there is a little bump. Then about 30 seconds later a bee flies in front of my face. I roll down and window and he flies out. When I got home I checked and saw a little welt.

I have to say that I feel cheated. I thought that bees die after they lose their stingers. This little guy stung me in a sensitive area then flaunted his victory by flying in front of my face. I didn't try to smush him or take revenge. I just set him free. My only hope is that death is not immediate and that he will die a slow agonizing death just after he has told his little bee friends of my kindness.

No comments: