Monday, March 15, 2010

New Recipe

I have tried to make your basic crock pot shredded chicken with BBQ sauce sandwiches and am always disappointed. Then I had an idea...

BBQ Chicken Sandwiches

3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup BBQ sauce (I used Famous Dave's Sweet and Zesty)
1/2 can sprite
kosher salt, pepper, garlic

I sprinkled the chicken with the seasoning, and poured out the sauce and soda over the top. I cooked in the crock pot on low 6-8 hours and shredded. The kids ate it by itself and Charlie and I had it on the new thin wheat 100 calorie buns. (Charlie loves those buns BTW) So simply, but much better. I had to cut Emma off at three servings. Charlie, Justin and Mia all had seconds.
The sauce is very thin, but the flavor of the chicken is just right.

1 comment:

Heather and Spencer said...

Love when you post recipes...going to have to try this one!