Emma is now 6. She keeps asking if she is the size of a six-year old yet. I tell her yes and she disagrees with me. Then a few minutes later she asks again. I took Emma to Disneyland for her birthday. A few days ago I cut her hair and she asked if one day we could dress like twins. I thought her birthday was a good day to grant her request. Emma has always been a beautiful little girl. Seconds after she was born I was amazed by her beauty. She is even more beautiful inside. She has some serious sass, but has mostly grown out of that. (She does need to keep some.) She always wants to be my helper/twin/shadow. She loves to make me happy and I love her so much for that. She is one of the smartest kids I know too. She makes everything look effortless. And she is the kookiest, weirdest kid I have ever met. That is one of my favorite things about her too. Some of my favorite Emma stories are: a few months ago the nurse told her she was beautiful she replied "no, I'm not. I am five, you have to be six for that." Her chamber pot in her bedroom (see first post), thinking the doctor would drink her pee and calling him an alien, kicking the doctor in the leg on purpose during her kindergarten check-up, making teenagers in the ER cry because they heard her scream while getting stitches on her first birthday, insisting her name was "Swimsuit" almost for a whole year (age 3-4), always trying to get Justin or Mia to be her prince so she can be the princess, saying Justin is her prince and Toby (the dog) has to be Mia's prince, always trying to "love" Kitty and Toby, and her countless death glares she has given everyone. She is my little Miss Em and we all love her. When I think about Emma I remember something my sister, Christy, said about her when she was one. "Emma is just so easy to love." I think that sums her up best.

Twinsies

Dancing with her favorite "prince", her Dad.

Emma in her "sleeping cap."

Random dinner.

Emma and fat Kitty.
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Emma! I love the twinners picture! I also love her haircut, very cute!
~Heather
Happy Birthday Emma. She has come a long way in her kindness. I told you she would! She is beautiful and I am so happy that she smiles at me everytime I walk into the classroom! I hope you had lots of fun at Disneyland!
Post a Comment