
Emma dressed herself, accessorized and made a necklace out of a strap and bracelet. Then she announced that she was ready to be a STAR!... So I took some pictures.


My friend, Kelly, came and stayed with us for a few days with her two boys. We had a lot of fun and some mishaps with Toby and me getting sick, but it was still great. We got together with a friend from high school and it was so much fun to reminisce. Then we went to Disneyland for a couple days. This was exhausting and so much fun. Emma loved staying in a hotel. She loved that the kids room was separated from the adult room. Both girls loved seeing all the princesses and Minnie. Justin loved the water rides. I loved going home and sleeping. I can't believe how tired I was after everything.


While we were at Disneyland it was my friend, Ginger's, birthday. She passed away suddenly this summer and it has been tough. I have been thinking about her a lot and trying to put my feelings into words, otherwise I hold everything in and end up not being very fun for Charlie. One word that I think epitomizes Ginger is good. She was a good wife, a good mother, a good friend, and a good person. She was one of the best people I have known. I miss her so much. My friend, Natalie, says that Ginger had mastered this life. I think she is right, but it doesn't make losing her any easier. She has meant so much to me and made a huge impact on my life. I am truly blessed to have had her as a friend. I wish I had told her how much I loved her. I am trying to learn from her life and death and focus on why I am here on Earth and what I am supposed to be doing with my life. The night before she passed away I was lying in bed thinking about her and some things I wanted to tell her. I thought it was too late and I didn't want to get up so I could just talk to her tomorrow. I never want to take the people in my life for granted again. I am so happy that I have my family and so many amazing friends.




7 comments:
bitter sweet post......i have missed you! It seems like i haven't seen you forever. Let's get together soon!
xoxo
Emma is such a star! She has such a knack for style.I am glad that you had a great time with Kelly at Disneyland.
Kelly I love you! you were missed the other night. We are so lucky to have each other. I was talking to a friend from my mission today and realizing how lucky I am to have friends like you...Thanks for being all that you are to me ps I loved your dress at Stake Conference I know where Emma gets it from.
Thanks for the reflection much needed. I think you are good too, so don't leave me, k! I want that photo can you sen it to me?
Friends and family are so important. I have no money but am looking forward to the holidays so I can spend quality time with family, hopefully drama free :)
Kelly
She knew how much you loved her. People like her come seldom but the impact is lasting.
Kelly I love you and your post wants me to tell you that! I am glad for that short trouble timed we served together. You gave me some councel that will stay with me forever and I often think of those words you share with me while I sobbed on the phone. You can never know what that meant to me. I was so weak and scared and you turned to the scriptures and calmed the storm.
I touched my life ina very profound way. I am so greatful that Heavenly Father blessed my life with a friend like you.
Thank you Kelly. Thank you for sharing your testimony with me. Thank you for being strong. Thank you for just being you!!
I really do love you and no matter where life takes us I will always call your friend.
Kelli I am so glad we are friends and that we ahve gotten closer. We need to get together and amybe cook?!
Post a Comment