Saturday, November 22, 2008

I'm Justin's Mom

Justin is getting older and more independent. It can be hard for me to remember that he really is my first little baby that just wanted his mommy to hold and play with him. Then I see that he still is that sweet little guy who loves to play and laugh. The other day I was walking the kids home from school and the girls like to run up the little hill that goes parallel with the sidewalk. Emma and Mia ran up and started to fight. Emma continued on the path and Mia sat down to mope. I turned to Justin and asked him to help out. He didn't hesitate at all. He jumped up the hill and leaned over Mia. She yelled "leave me alone!" I heard him softly say "Mia, will you race with me?" She says sure and jumps up. Then as they run he keeps saying things like "Wow, Mia. You are just too fast for me." Pretty soon she is giggling and having a great time. She even stumbles and he stops to help her get back up and make sure she is okay. Justin is a great brother and I am so proud of him...even if he did get suspended for "brandishing a weapon" a school yesterday. (He took one of Charlie's mini screwdrivers to school yesterday and showed it to a friend. And yes, I did correct the v. principal on the use of the word brandishing.)

3 comments:

Robert and Natalie said...

Kelly your such a great mom I love Justin and love that you are able to correct the vice principle it makes me laugh... you are so quiet and innocent until someone messes with your kids I love someone that has the same tiger instinct when it comes to her children as I do!

Ashley said...

Ahhh! (referring to the loving brother and not about getting suspended)

4kids2luv said...

It's times like that ..that makes it all worth it.