Tuesday Emma and Justin went to school and then I had to take Charlie to the airport for a business trip. Just before I left to pick up Emma from school I received a call from the school telling me Emma was in the office because she was kicked in the tummy. I also needed to bring a change of clothes. I was a little confused by this and went to the school with the clothes. I get there and Emma is covered in vomit. I ask the nurse how hard she was kicked. I was thinking about how to hunt down and punish this kid. The nurse said "no, sick to her tummy, not kicked." Oh, that makes a lot more sense. We change her clothes and go to her class to get her backpack. Her teacher, Mrs. Hunt, said that Emma had had a great day that day. Emma had started to talk to Mrs. Hunt a lot more that day and interacted well with the other kids. Mrs. Hunt had even stayed and watched Emma at recess to see how well she played and made friends. (How awesome to have such a wonderful teacher!) Then at the end of the day Emma was playing at one of the stations in the corner of the room when she suddenly laid flat on the ground. Mrs. Hunt called her over and asked if she was alright. Emma broke down and cried. She was sick to her tummy, her throat hurt and she was thirsty. Mrs. Hunt walked Emma to the office where the nurse proceded to give her three glasses of water. That is when Emma threw up. It turns out Emma was the third kid in kindergarten to get sick that day. When we got home Emma covered her mouth and said "Oh, no. Not again." We ran to the bathroom where she threw up again. Where is Charlie when I need him? Oh, yeah, he is hard at work so I can stay home. Emma was feeling better the next day, and wanted to go to school, but I kept her home. I was glad that she was sorry to miss school.


Wednesday was Mia's first day of preschool. She has been looking forward to preschool for months. She threw a tantrum before school over which socks to wear and threw a tantrum after school over Daddy being gone, but she was good at school. I will settle for that. She was so excited that every time I tried to take her picture she either stuck out her tongue or was jumping. She is such a funny kid. She is developing her own sense of style, or maybe Emma's is rubbing off. Mia picked out shirts for both of them. They were really excited, but the store didn't have both of their sizes in the same color. They kept telling me that they didn't match, but I still think they look so cute.





4 comments:
Your girls crack me up! I love that Mia jumps and sticks out her tongue when she is excited! Too cute!
Poor Emma. I hate when Chloe throws up.
I am so glad that Mia and Landon are together. I hope they develop a close friendship:)
They both look so cute! I want Emma's shirt for me!
Weird Houston had that same throw up thing wednesday for a few hours....i hope it doesnt get passed along to everyone else in our house - hate that!
Post a Comment