Sunday, September 21, 2008

God Bless America

We just got home from Europe tonight. I had a great time, but I don't know what else to say except I love America. When we landed in Philadelphia I was between crying and singing the national anthem. Charlie made fun of me because I told a couple random people that I love America. Actually, I think I only told the guy in the airport restaurant that I love America... I told the customs guy that it is great to be home. I was smiling really big. In the Philly airport they have the liberty bell made out of Lego's and the signatures from the Declaration of Independence on a glass partition. It just stirred so much emotion in me to see the signatures and to know what they were risking and what they were creating. I think being away, no matter how amazing it was, makes me realize just how great we have it.

1 comment:

Juli said...

God Bless America ! :) But, serioulsy I sooo felt that way when we came back from Tonga and New Zealand. Although we had a fabulous time, our trip made us appreciate "home"(america) so much more- i decided i would take the good, bad and the ugly of America any day over any place else! Glad your home, SAFE and sound, now i want to see pictures and hear all about it!