Friday, August 1, 2008

Oh that's a chamber pot!!

I have recently been converted to the value of the blog. Charlie has been trying to convince me for a couple years now, but I guess I don't listen sometimes.
Anyway, my family tends to give me a lot of material to work with. I recently bought the movie Ever After, one of my favorites, and after watching it again let my kids watch. (There are two bad words, easily skipped, not sure why the PG-13 rating) As we watched there is a scene where a maid dumps the contents of the chamber pot out the window. I tell Justin what it is and explain the lack of indoor plumbing. Fast forward a couple weeks and I go into the girl's room to find a bucket next to the window. I stop and look for a moment, then Emma comes in and excitedly tells me that she has her own toilet in her room now. I pick up the bucket and yep there's pee. I instantly remember Ever After. Turning my head away so she can't see me trying not to laugh I tell her that it is gross and she needs to use the real toilet. Mia is using the real toilet at the moment so I dump the pee in the tub and leave the bucket there. I then tell the girls to finish getting ready for bed and I run to tell Charlie what she did. I come back to find Mia cleaning the bucket for me... with her toothbrush. I yell "No! That is so disgusting!!" As I say disgusting she pops the toothbrush into her mouth. I start to gag.

5 comments:

Jukesfamily said...

I love that you girls are doing the same sort of things mine do! Now I know other mom's are in the same "chamber pot" as I am LOL

4kids2luv said...

Okay i gagged for at least 3 minutes!!! Gross but oh so funny!!

Ashley said...

I was laughing pretty hard. I am so glad you have a blog so I can laugh at all the gross things your kids do.

stephensfamily said...

I love your stories! I am glad you are in the blogging world!!!

Heather and Spencer said...

You thought my story was going to make you vomit?!?!? I am still gagging after reading this one!