Sunday, August 3, 2008

Justin's Big Day


Yesterday was one of the biggest days for our family. Justin was baptized. We are so excited. Justin is a great kid and brother. He is always asking me questions about how the world works and why. I have to keep on my toes. He recently asked me why there are so many other churches and why some people in some of those churches don't go to church on Sundays. I talked to him about how some of them were formed and why, then we talked about the fact that some people don't like Mormons. He was puzzled by this and asked more questions. I explained that some churches actually teach bad things about our church, most of which is untrue or half true. I gave him some examples like that we can't dance, we teach that Jesus married Mary and had children, etc. Then I said that one of my primary teachers met someone when she was a child who had been taught that all Mormons have horns on their heads because we are like the devil. Justin looked confused then slowly lifted his hand to his head. He felt around for a minute then said "That's not true." It was awesome. He cracks me up so much. He is growing up too fast.

2 comments:

Juli said...

Glad your blogging!! And are you sure about the horn thing? I have some kids that may have some little devil horns :)

4kids2luv said...

Im so sorry we could not be there! My justin could not believe he did not get to go. I am so glad I am a mormon that can dance..I love to dance!