Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Just the Boys- Kinda

Today the girls went to spend the night with Grandma and Grandpa. That meant some special boy time with Justin. First, Justin picked In'N'Out for lunch. After all, what says "boy" like red meat? Then we got out the bikes and went for a ride. We dropped by Dad's work, then headed out down the trail that runs along the wash. We stopped to ride down steep streets and returned to the wash to throw rocks. I gave Justin some pointers on how to properly throw a rock. Then we had a contest to see who could throw the furthest. We agreed to tie. Then we raced. We even saw a dead squirrel in the street. I pointed it out to Justin. He said "Flat as a nail." I corrected him and said pancake. He said that it was really nail because "the top of a nail is flat, but you could say pancake or nail." Oh, okay. When we got home we decided to go for a swim. Boys like to splash a lot by the way. Next, I cut his hair (so he could look more manly.) I love having one on one time with the kids. It is so much fun to cater to them once in awhile. I hope the girls are having a good time too.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

That is really sweet. You are such a funny mom pointing out the dead squirrel, but I guess boys like that stuff.