Mia asked me what the Passover was. I decided to start way back when Joseph was sold into Egypt. The kids all gathered around and listened. They would get excited and interject stories they knew. Mia asked to sit on my lap "because I love you." Mia and Justin told parts of Joseph's brothers being jealous. Mia said "They gave him to Egypt and he got a new dad. His new dad (Potiphar) had a wife that wanted to marry Joseph. He didn't want to marry her so he hid. He was REALLY good at hiding and she couldn't find him." I said she was kind of close and told her the actual story. Then we got to the part where Joseph interprets the butler's and baker's dreams in prison. Justin told this story and said the baker would be executed. Mia scrunched up her nose and said that was bad. We eventually got to the part where the Pharaoh decides there are too many Jews and that sons will be killed. Mia gasped. I was telling Charlie about this and he said bible stories are scary.
No comments:
Post a Comment