Justin's baseball team had their team party last weekend. We had a lot of fun and got to know all the parents better. There were three assistant coaches and a manager. Throughout the season I spoke mostly with the manager and his wife, the team mom. I barely spoke to the other coaches. When we left the party the coaches and manager were standing together. The manager gave me a hug, then stepped back. I turned to say goodbye to the coaches, but felt awkward because I didn't feel like I knew them well enough to hug them, but it was weird because I had just hugged the manager. So of course I voice everything I was thinking. There was an awkward silence that for some reason I felt I needed to fill. The more I spoke, the worse it got. I kept trying to stop, but the silence was unbearable so I kept going. "Sorry, I am not going to hug you. I am just not a hugger. It is okay that Robert hugged me, but I have a problem initiating hugs... I am okay with other people hugging
me; I just don't hug
other people...My parents aren't very touchy people. They hugged us and stuff, but we just are not touchy...I feel really awkward... I am just awkward and weird, okay?... Goodbye." It even hurts to type it.
1 comment:
Thanks for making my night!
Post a Comment