Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Kids

Mia: At school, we watched a butterfly movie. It had a bird that ate a butterfly. It was very sad. I love butterflies and I love nature. Birds eat butterflies because it is what they eat and it is part of nature. But that nature makes me sad.

Sometimes we call Emma our rule follower. She wants to know all the rules and tries to follow them exactly. Emma brought home yet another terrific tiger award from school. She brings home at least one or two a week. I jokingly asked if she was cheating and making her own papers to bring home. She looked offended and said she is not allowed to do that! Then she went on and on about how she tries really hard to be good and obey. She said that when she gets more and more terrific tiger awards she knows that she is getting closer and closer to being ready to go to heaven.

I love my Justin. He is such a sweetheart, and maybe a punk sometimes too. He heard kids making fun of one of his friends at school and calling him names. He told them to stop and tried to make sure his friend didn't hear. Then he went to the teacher and threatened to take it to the principal if it didn't stop. He was hurt and offended for his friend and wanted to protect him. He didn't understand why people would want to be mean to such a nice kid.

No comments: