Mia came out of her kindergarten class a couple days ago with a brown paper bag. She excitedly told me that she was bringing home Wormalina! I called her Wormalinda and was corrected. I looked in the bag and found dirt, rocks, and grass. I told Mia that maybe we should let Wormalina stay at school so she could be with her family. Mia said she had made Wormalina a new family. I looked in the bag again and saw tiny strips of paper cut out in the shape of worms and colored in. I said that Wormalina would die if we kept her in the bag. Mia said she planned to let her out at home. I had a few more objections, but she had already thought up an answer to each. I convinced her to let Wormalina go. She had to pick the exact right spot to dump her out.
Then that same day, Emma came home with a plastic water bottle filled with dirt, grass, and a ladybug. I pointed out that ladybugs eat other bugs, which Emma hadn't included in the bottle. Emma didn't mind letting the ladybug die in the bottle, so the next day I let the ladybug out. When Emma got home she got really angry with Justin. I intervened just in time.
Hello world!
8 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment