This is a new recipe I made up. Charlie wanted me to copy a recipe from a restaurant and I couldn't find a similar recipe so I came up with this one, and I bet it is healthier too. The chicken part is from my friend Tiffany.
Sour Cream Enchiladas
2 Tbs butter
2 Tbs flour
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 c milk
1/2 c half and half
3/4 c sour cream
6-8 flour tortillas (8 inch)
2 c jack cheese shredded
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 package taco seasoning
1 can rotel tomatoes and chili
Put chicken, seasoning, and rotel in crock pot. Cook on low 6-8 hours. Shred with a fork. In pot over medium heat melt butter. Add garlic and flour. Stir. Whisk in milk and 1/2&1/2. Let thicken. Whisk in sour cream and remove from heat. Put large pan on stove over medium heat. Spray with pam and heat tortillas so they are flexible. Spray casserole dish with pam and put about 1/4 cup of sauce in bottom of dish. Put chicken mixture in tortillas, roll up and place in dish. Pour sauce over enchiladas. Cover and bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle cheese over top of enchiladas and bake 5 more minutes until cheese is melted.
I used fat free milk and 1/2&1/2. I also used low fat sour cream. I wouldn't recommend fat free sour cream because the flavor isn't as good and you need some fat for it to cook properly.
Hello world!
8 years ago




3 comments:
More please!
Those sound yummy! Love when you post recipes!
It is such a good recipe. I added black beans and cilantro rice when I made it a couple of weeks ago and it was really good. I also made a huge batch and froze the enchiladas without the cheese, and we ate it the other night and it tasted really good!
Post a Comment