Married a model, that's what. Well, technically I didn't marry a model. He became one after we were married. Charlie was featured in a full page ad in a mountain bike catalog. This is from his mountain biking trip with his friends to Sedona in April. His friend is a photographer and took the picture. 



Today is Charlie's birthday. What do you get for your birthday when you won't tell people what you want and you get excited about suggestions only to change your mind a few days before your birthday? Not much. The kids gave him slippers and his favorite treats: Nutter Butters and dark chocolate reese's peanut butter cups. I tried getting him some shoes he had pointed out last month that he liked. I was at the mall last week and saw them. They were even on sale, so I asked the salesperson for his size. She got them then asked if I would like to try them on. Uh, no... Do I look like I wear men's dress shoes? I gave him the shoes this morning and they weren't the exact ones he wanted. Oops. I guess we will have to go back. He did get his traditional nasty birthday breakfast of chirizo and eggs. I will only get chirizo for his birthday and father's day. That stuff is just wrong. The kids all wrapped their presents for Charlie and got him cards. Emma made a card. Justin and Mia got musical cards. Justin's was hamsters singing "da, da, do, do, do, do, do..." and Mia's was my personal favorite. It was a Disney card that wished happy birthday to "a princess" and played the theme music for Sleeping Beauty. Justin double wrapped his gift. He put it in a box, wrapped it in aluminum foil, then in wrapping paper. It has been a great morning and I hope a great day. Our parents are coming over for dinner and cake tonight. He gets more favorites: tritip, twice baked potatoes, garlic bread, IBC rootbeer, and carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. Mmmm. Now we can agree on birthday food. Charlie's mom is bringing his favorite ice cream... vanilla. When I first asked him what his favorite ice cream was years ago he said vanilla. I didn't believe him. I asked what he would get if he were at Baskin Robbins. Vanilla. Wow, this is why he says his tastes are simple.







2 comments:
Happy Birthday Charlie!
That is so cool he is in a magazine. I don't agree with you about chorizo. It is sooo good, but you really only need to have it once a year. Or every day if you are on a trip in Mexico.
Oh, Happy Birthday Charlie! I hope the day that I called it wasn't his birthday, cause he answered the phone and I asked for you.
Post a Comment