Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Burnin' Down the House

Monday Emma dug through the Halloween container and put on a swimsuit, batman mask and cape. Then she attached the edges of the cape to her wrists with rubber bands. Charlie was on a business trip and Justin had scouts and baseball. (Emma wore her outfit to pick up Justin from baseball.) When we got home I decided to take it easy and just have flautas for dinner. I was heating them up in the toaster oven when suddenly the toaster burst into flames. I turned off the toaster and unplugged it. Flames grew. Emma danced around me screaming that there was a fire. I went to the garage for the fire extinguisher, but the garage lights went out. I went back to the kitchen. The fire was bigger. Emma still danced around in her costume. I suddenly found the situation very entertaining. I stifled a laugh and debated dousing the flames with salt or flour. Instead I grabbed large oven mitts, opened the back door and set it down outside on the patio. End of story... I have a new toaster. I really like having a toaster oven for reheating pizza or other food that I want crispy, but I miss having a pop up toaster too. Solution? A 2-in-1 toaster. Justin said he doesn't like our new toaster, he loves it. He is really excited that the toast actually pops up out of the toaster a little. As long as it doesn't burn down the house I will be happy.

2 comments:

Heather and Spencer said...

Emma seriously danced around while there was a fire in your kitchen?!? She is hilarious!

Unknown said...

I didn't know those 2 in 1 kind existed! Awesome!

so funny to think of her dancing around while the flames get bigger.