Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Desert or Dessert






Now, I always think dessert has two s's because you always want more. Then what happens when you enjoy the desert enough to want more of that too? What to do... My world has flipped. If I start to misspell desert you will know why. ;)
We recently went out to the middle of nowhere, just past Mojave. It was really fun. I got sick a half hour before we got there and I'm sorry if I got anyone else sick. It only lasted 24 hours so it wasn't too bad. Hopefully I wasn't too antisocial and we will get to go again. Justin told me after the first night that it was the best night of his life. Cade spent the night with us that night. Emma never wanted to leave and Mia had a blast too. Emma tried to kiss Cade, but he was too quick and ducked out of the way. Shane wasn't so lucky and had one planted on his cheek. I later asked her about it and she said she loves them, but kissing doesn't mean she wants to marry them. Well I guess that is good, she needs to take her time and choose someone that isn't married with four kids! These are some of my favorite pictures.


I love this one because Bishop Hull is just standing there like nothing out of the ordinary is happening. The men noticed the kids pulling each other around on a battery powered quad that goes slow, so then Shane decided to step it up a notch.





I also have come to the realization that I am a wimp. I like to go slow and all of my kids kept telling me to go faster and Mia even pressed the gas. This made me scream in terror and she told me it would be okay. Aren't I the one that is supposed to comfort her? Then shortly
after this picture with me and Justin Justin took the wheel and charged up a steep hill with me in a panic. We flipped over backwards, but at least Justin didn't get hurt.













I love this picture of Mia trying to give a thumbs up. She looks so "special." The last picture is not part of our trip. It is just Emma trying to see what she would look like with bangs. She is such a nut.

1 comment:

Juli said...

We are so glad the Hibbits joined us in desert, and i'm even happier you enjoyed it...you either love Cal City or you never want to return. :) We are going again so start packing......