Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Only Emma

Yesterday Emma was complaining about it hurting when she would go to the bathroom. She had to go more often and I thought maybe she had a bladder infection. I took her to the doctor last night and on the way I mentioned that the doctor would probably have her pee in a cup. She immediately started freaking out. "Oh, that is so suggusting (disgusting)!! Pee in a cup?! The doctor is not supposed to drink my pee. That is suggusting, like an alien!!" Evidently the only thing you can do with a cup is drink out of it. Alien seems to be her ultimate insult at the moment. Last week it was the word weird.
While we were waiting for the doctor we read some books I had brought with me. One was a simple phonics book with three to five word sentences. I asked Emma to try to read it to me and she did! I was so excited and impressed. Part of the time she seemed somewhat annoyed with my enthusiasm. There were several words she hadn't seen at school yet and I would ask her to make the sounds and then she would read it and continue on with the story. I am so proud of her. She is so smart. When she reads she lifts her eyebrows really high. It is so cute. Charlie actually does that sometimes when he talks.

No comments: